Looking Back on 2016
As we work on our 2017 professional goals, we took some time to reflect on our accomplishments over the last year. 2016 was an exciting year for J&M, and we’re proud of the great work and professional growth of everyone on our team.
- Last January, we launched our new website and held a corporate strategy session to identify the company’s goals for the year, both of which helped to set the stage for our work throughout the year.
- Our J&M team grew! We added a full-time analyst, had our first ever summer intern, and added two new consultants to our economic recovery team.
- We connected with several new teaming partners, to include three small businesses in New Orleans, an international firm specializing in resilience, and a large research university. We also were part of two new teams that were awarded contracts at the state and regional levels.
- The J&M team continued to support our existing clients, to include executing national level conferences and exercises, producing effective outreach and communications materials, and deploying to disaster areas to facilitate economic recovery efforts.
- From regional economic recovery planning guidance and training to agency change management readiness assessments and implementation plans, we had the opportunity to finish some exciting projects.
- Our economic recovery team has been supporting state and local efforts in South Carolina, West Virginia, and North Carolina following devastating floods and Hurricane Matthew.
- Everyone on the J&M team continued to engage in professional growth. One completed a certificate in Community & Sustainable Development with a focus on economic sustainability and climate resilience, and a team member joined a national committee on social and economic resilience.
- We successfully renewed our contract with the General Services Administration (GSA) under its Public Services Schedule, so that we can continue to support the government for another five years.
- As 2016 was winding down, we were ramping our planning and designs for an economic recovery and resilience workshop we will be presenting as part of ResCon 2017.
We are exceptionally grateful to our customers for the opportunities to help them meet their important missions. Our success is due in large part to our exceptional team and our engaged clients. We have a number of exciting things planned for 2017, and we look forward to sharing updates with you in the weeks and months ahead.